Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 16: Arthur's Seat and the Royal Mile

Today I explored parts of Edinburgh with family and my boyfriend.


We had a bit of a late start this morning because everyone was jet-lagged and tired, but we headed over to Holyrood Park, which was just a few blocks away from the apartment we're renting for the week.


My weak ankle was sore today so I walked across a few smaller ridges while the majority of our group climbed up to Arthur's Seat.

There was quite a bit of struggling and one decently bad fall for the group coming down from Arthur's Seat, so it was probably a very good thing I didn't attempt it.

We came back to the apartment for Neosporin for cuts and my ankle brace before heading to lunch, and then we walked over to the Royal Mile.


There are a plethora of Scottish heritage and tartan stores along the mile of road leading up to Edinburgh Castle.


I ended up buying a beautiful, purple plaid blanket that should serve me well during my time in Scotland, especially during the long bus rides between photography spots.


We concluded the evening with pizza, wine and the Disney docudrama "Greyfriar's Bobby."


Cocooned in purple plaid,
The Purple Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment